Dr. Waxman is a practicing small-animal veterinarian.
She received a BS in Animal Sciences with Distinction in Research from Cornell University and her vet degree from the University of Pennsylvania, where she did original research at the Penn Working Dog Center. Tory completed her internship in veterinary medicine at the world-renowned Animal Medical Center in New York City where she treated an actual lame duck and saw a hungry snake that hadn’t eaten in a year.
Tory grew up outside of Chicago with chocolate labs. She’s not sure why she ever gave up her first job, which was as a dog beach attendant on Lake Michigan. Over 8 years ago she rescued a mixed breed terrier named Mabel who is obsessed with tennis balls. Mabel is also her tireless running buddy who completed a 14-mile run while Tory was training for the Chicago Marathon. Recently, Mabel placed 2nd in her division at the 2018 AKC National Dock Diving Championships.
- "Pyogranulomatous Pancarditis with Intramyocardial Bartonella henselae San Antonio 2 (BhSA2) in a Dog," Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 2016
- "The effect of pulmonary hypertension on ovine tricuspid annular dynamics", European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, 2015
- "What's your dog really eating?", Medium, 2017
- "Fourth of July Tips," Park East Animal Hospital, 2016
- "Holiday Pet Tips," Park East Animal Hospital, 2016